i do believe it, i do believe it's true...
This Sunday morning, Brian and I decided to surprise our 3 with a stop at a beloved bakery for donuts and then a trip to the Memphis Zoo. We were extra-lucky this particular morning because our good friends Aneel and Alexis and their twins, Maya and Jude, decided to join us (they skipped the donut part though- pillars of virtue I tell you).
Our visit started with a trip through Primate Canyon (where yours truly used to spend most my days...) and we paid one of the most beloved orangutans I know a visit.
This is Chickie, still as beautiful as ever. Doesn't it look like she styles her hair before stepping outside for the day? Her bangs were always the perfect length and I know to me it always seemed like she may have had a pair of scissors hidden somewhere (but I know she didn't because I was just that good).

After wishing Chickie a good afternoon, we headed to what would easily qualify as the highlight of our day: Birds and Bees (honey bees and budgies, but not flying around together in the same place; the bees were locked up in their little hive that you could peek into...)
For $1 you could buy (rent?) a wooden dowl with a clothes pin on the end, holding a spray of millet seeds. You then walk over to any of the 500 or so budgies flying around and offer them a treat. Margaret and Lydia loved this.

look very carefully and you will see a zoo map tucked under lydia's arm. she was the self- designated "map holder" for this trip and as you can see, she took her job very seriously.

There were blue birds and yellow birds...
... mostly white birds...
... and green birds.
And the good news was that once one decided he was finished snacking and flew off,
... there was another watching and waiting, eager to take his place.




No comments:
Post a Comment