Nearly 21.5 months.
That is how long I breastfed my sweet baby boy Jack. After 650 days, our last nursing was this past Friday afternoon at naptime. It is definitely a bittersweet occasion... I am ready to be finished, he doesn't really need it anymore; it's much more of a security thing than anything else at this point in his life. I will miss it though. Nothing can compare to those sweet moments as he would drift off to sleep, looking up at me, smile on his face.
After 2 admittedly half-hearted attempts at nursing our girls, this has been such a wonderfully rewarding experience in my mommy career.
I am just so proud of myself.
But while I am celebrating another milestone in my son's life, a woman whose blog I am a loyal follower of is quite possibly the closest she has ever been to losing her sweet baby. Jennifer McKinney, better known as MckMama (<---click that link if you are so inclined) in the blogging community, could really use any extra prayers and good thoughts you might have to share. Her sweet baby Stellan is hospitalized right now with a prolonged episode of SVT (supraventricular tachycardia) and is not doing well.
Many thanks...
No comments:
Post a Comment