So we have now been back from our big vacation for more than 3 weeks, and I have yet to properly update and post pictures. My bad. Things have been nutty at our house, if for no other reason than I now have all 3 kids home 24/7. Well, Margaret has summer camps most days, but still- even during her 3 or 4 hours away from the house I am flying around like a bumble bee trying to get things done, often with the other 2 at my feet un-doing all that I had just done.
But I digress.
Where we last left off, we were being joined in Sandestin by our good buddies, the Siddiqui family. And what fun we had with them! Trips to the fountain, a visit to the aquarium, dinners out, and probably a few ice cream cones.
After a fews days of fun, it was time for these Brays to head south, even further south... Orlando! And you know why families with young kids go to Orlando, don't you? Disney World! It is no secret that Brian and I simply love Disney World. We traveled there a few times before we were married, we honeymooned there, and now we take our kids there at least once a year (sometimes more... but again, I digress). And now that we have discovered what we think is the way to vacation at Disney, we find ourselves feeling oh-so-relaxed upon our return to the real world. The key, we think, is to not kill yourself and your family trying to visit every park, ride every ride, meet every character, see every parade. Chances are good that Disney is not going anywhere... The Dumbo ride will always be there with the line that you grow old waiting on. Sure, it took us a handful of trips with our kids to discover this, and I will admit we discovered it purely by accident on our last trip when Margaret became ill and needed to spend a day in bed right in the middle of our trip. But it works for us and makes it seem more like a vacation destination than a "right of passage".
So onward we went, off to Disney, where we met up with a little bit of family and more good friends- Cousin Kate from Pittsburgh and The Bradford Bunch. We all had a great time together visiting Epcot and Hollywood Studios, dining with princesses, watching fireworks, riding rides. Our stay there is always much too short, leaving us wanting more (well, with the exception of one particular trip, but I was only 3 months post-partum and missed most of the trip because I would need to squirrel-away somewhere to nurse my hungry newborn. I couldn't wait to get home, but who could blame me?)
Anywho, now we are home and well into summer here in TN. Margaret has been keeping busy with summer camps at her school- this is her last week- and we are off to the beach (again!) this weekend. Lydia does have one summer camp scheduled at preschool, but that won't be until closer to the end of July.
July- I cannot believe tomorrow is the first of July! Crazy. I must be having a blast because time is flying these days!
Next up: Pictures! Coming very, very soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment