Monday, February 2, 2009

25 Random Things About Yours Truly

1) My husband is my very best friend and I adore him. We have a lot of fun together. 2) Our children are 3 of the very best things to ever happen to me. 3) After 2 failed attempts at breastfeeding with my daughters, 15 months (and still going!) of breastfeeding my son has been one of the sweetest rewards of motherhood. 4) I love Disney World! Love every mouse-eared, chocolate-smeared, noisy, colorful, fun bit of it. Especially now that we have kids! Oh sweet escape! 5) I love to balance my check book. For realsies. To the penny- every time. Surely this means I am a control freak. 6) I love how different each of my kids are from each other. I also love that we are somehow managing to raise a few artists here at our house.

7) The older I get the more I am aware of certain fears: loss, change, etc.

8) I should go to Mass more often than I do.

9) I love going to bed early. I am so not the night owl I once was.

10) I probably do not eat enough veggies. Working on that.

11) I like salt bagels with veggie cream cheese. (Does that count toward daily veggie intake?)

12) I really enjoy a good gin and tonic. Bombay Sapphire for me, please.

13) Oh, unless you have already poured me a glass of (good) Shiraz. That would be fine then. Thanks. ;)

14) I love reading to my kids at bedtime.

15) While I do think she sometimes has excessive amounts of homework for being in Kindergarten, I do enjoy helping Maggie with her school work each night. I cannot get over how much she is learning at such a young age. Kind of makes Kindergarten 30 years ago (yikes!) look like a play group.

16) I loved living in California. Loved it. I didn't love the cost of living though.

17) I also love Etsy.com. You must check it out if you haven't already.

18) I am thinking I might want to be a teacher someday, after each of my 3 is in school full time. Need to start looking into that.

19) I think my kids are some of the funniest people I know. Even the baby has a great sense of humor.

20) I have really enjoyed being on FB and catching up with so many long lost friends! It's great to be in touch again!

21) I *heart* Barack Obama and I am filled with so much hope for our great nation now that he is in the Oval Office. I think I might be sleeping a little better at night.

22) I think I am a much better mother now at #3 than I was with #1. Experience has given me confidence.

23) I don't like drinking coffee.

24) I can be a little obsessive about cleanliness in my home. Especially my floors.

25) I realize that I am a work in progress, as a wife, mother, and friend.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Maybe it is the artistic side of them coming out...I hope it's that and not something serious :)