Friday, May 22, 2009

no more pencils, no more books...


...you know the rest, right?  

It is 9am here.  In 3 hours, Margaret will finish her career as a kindergartner.  I can hardly believe how fast this year has passed us by, but mostly I can hardly believe how much she has learned this year.  She is a reader!  She can spell!  She can do simple math!  

I still remember so clearly all the emotions I felt the night before her first day, and how proud I was of her that first day, all dressed in her Catholic school uniform, ready to take on the world.  And now here she is and when I pick her up at noon today she will get into the car a first grader.  Nearly 6 and a half years old!  Crazy.  

The students had their "moving up" ceremony yesterday morning at Mass.  This means, with the 8th graders confirmed, graduated, and already into their summer break, all the other classes "moved up" and sat in their new pews to celebrate Mass.  Pretty big deal for all of them!  Just a small peek into what next year holds... 

Pictures soon! 


No comments: