That being said, I really just need to whine a little bit.
My kids have been sick constantly for the past 11 days. For 11 days now I have been wiping noses, handing out Motrin tablets like they are candy, and taking ear temperatures. Our latest adventure includes a stomach virus of some sort- a race to the bathroom if the bucket hasn't been cleaned and put back next to my little patient. Sometimes she makes it, a few times she hasn't.
Jack has had tonsillitis, thrush, and a double ear infection. My tour of duty with him included 3 visits in 6 days to our pediatrician. He is currently on the mend, many thanks to a 2-week course of Diflucan (thrush) and 10 days of Omnicef (ears). Lydia has had a fever virus/ cold thing going on and missed her Christmas party and program at preschool on Thursday because of it. Maggie started with what I thought was the same fever virus/ cold thing, but hers morphed into a stomach bug that just doesn't want to give up! Poor little thing is so hungry right now and can't quite understand the need to let her tummy just rest a little bit. She also missed her Christmas program on Friday. Brian has what we think is probably tonsillitis and is miserable as well. Knock on wood, I have been the healthiest of the bunch- besides a minor little cold and cough- and thank God for that because this is not the week for me to get sick.
Hopefully (***hopefully; please God, give me something to hope in!!!***) we will soon be seeing an end of all of this. I would really love to have everyone in the house well enough to enjoy Christmas. And I would really love a break!
It's not forever, it's not forever, it's not forever...
No comments:
Post a Comment