Saturday, August 16, 2008

10 months? Huh?


10 months!  
My Little Bathing Beauty Lydia
Jack with MomMom Bray
Maggie and MomMom 
Maggie lost another tooth this week! 

Well it seems like only yesterday I wrote about Jack turning 9 months old.  Time has creeped up on us again and our baby boy turned 10 months this past Thursday!  I don't know how it keeps happening... and I don't like it one bit.  He is busier than ever before and I don't really expect that to change anytime soon.  He has perfected crawling and pulling up but doesn't seem too terribly interested in standing on his own yet (and that is just fine- we are in no rush at all).  We are working on more self-feeding- he seems bored with baby food and the whole spoon-feeding thing but not quite ready to embrace all the new flavors and textures of real food.  

Last weekend we had a very special visitor.  MomMom Bray, Brian's grandmother, came to visit from Florida.  It was certainly a treat to spend time with her- this was her first time meeting Jack, so the trip was extra special for us.  This is a big year for MomMom as she will be celebrating her 90th birthday in October!  She is still active as ever and keeps a very busy calendar, spending lots of time socializing with friends and neighbors in her community.  

Maggie begins Kindergarten next week- Tuesday is her first day with half of her class.  She will be home on Wednesday while the other half of the class goes and then everyone will be together for their first full day on Thursday.  This week we were busy with her registration on Wednesday morning and then Parents' Orientation on Thursday evening.  I had been feeling a bit conflicted over the prospect of Catholic school for a variety of reasons, but after spending some time at the school this week and meeting other families I am as confident as ever this was a great decision.  Our school seems to have a very close-knit community and I am looking forward to jumping in, meeting new friends, and helping out.  

I think that is about it for now.  Brian is in NYC for a short visit until tomorrow evening.  Right now Jack is sound asleep in his room, Lydia has fallen asleep on the floor in her Elmo sleeping bag while watching Stuart Little, and Maggie is watching over my shoulder trying to pick out her name in my post.  She is waiting so patiently to get on the computer to play with her Webkinz for a bit... I guess it's time for me to finish up!  






No comments: